By Janice Peck
Read Online or Download Age of Oprah: Cultural Icon for the Neoliberal Era (Media and Power) PDF
Best gender studies books
During this vivid new background, Phil Tiemeyer info the heritage of fellows operating as flight attendants. starting with the founding of the career within the overdue Twenties and carrying on with into the post-September eleven period, aircraft Queer examines the background of guys who joined places of work generally pointed out as female-oriented.
First released in 1998. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
During this vigorous narrative, novices to women's and gender experiences, feminist politics, historical past, and sociology discover a fresh tackle a topic frequently loaded with assumptions. Feminist theories are considered throughout the serious intersections of race, type, sexuality, age, and talent, and are embedded within the reports of daily life, permitting Bromley to interact readers in doing thought, in making experience of options like "power" and "privilege," and in effecting social switch.
Regardless of an outpouring lately of heritage and cultural feedback on the topic of the Holocaust, Italian women's literary representations and stories haven't acquired their right due. This undertaking fills this hole via reading Italian women's writing from numerous genres, prepared opposed to a fancy historic backdrop.
- Frauen im Militär: Empirische Befunde und Perspektiven zur Integration von Frauen in die Streitkräfte (German Edition)
- At the Heart of Work and Family: Engaging the Ideas of Arlie Hochschild (Families in Focus)
- Uncovering the Hidden Work of Women in Family Businesses: A History of Census Undernumeration: Volume 8 (Routledge Library Editions: Women and Business)
- Feminist Surveillance Studies
- Caste, Gender, and Christianity in Colonial India: Telugu Women in Mission (Postcolonialism and Religions)
- Gender and Empire (Gender and History)
Additional info for Age of Oprah: Cultural Icon for the Neoliberal Era (Media and Power)
Age of Oprah: Cultural Icon for the Neoliberal Era (Media and Power) by Janice Peck